Insurance runs on data. Data often resides on spreadsheets, databases, and other End User Computing (EUC) files. This can include actuarial data and models, financial data and sensitive personal data residing in these EUCs. Hence, any compromise in data accuracy or security can not only invite unwanted business costs but also regulatory fines.
CIMCON Software offers solutions that automate the management of EUCs and minimize the business risks associated with them. From creating an inventory of all the EUCs in your organization and identifying the most important files, to detecting errors and providing a visual map of data dependencies, our tools provide on-going monitoring and control of your most important EUCs.
CIMCON Gives You the Tools to Manage Your EUCs:
- Discover the volume and type of EUCs that exist in your organization.
- Risk assess each EUC based on configurable risk criteria.
- Create an automated inventory of all EUCs.
- View EUC lineage, data dependencies, and risk flows at the enterprise level.
- Error-check and analyze spreadsheets with complete documentation.
- Implement version control and change management with cell level audit trails.
- Accelerate reviews with workflow-based file comparisons and alerts.
- Secure files to prevent unauthorized changes.
SOLVENCY II REGULATION
CIMCON supports Solvency II´s Pillars 2 and 3 by providing a solution that helps ensure governance and risk management compliance and supervisory review processes with:
A fully web-based EUC management and control system
Automated inventory and risk assessment of all spreadsheets and EUC files
Multiple levels of review and audit trails at the workbook, worksheet and cell level
Workflows with electronic signatures facilitate final reviews and sign-off
Management reporting based on exceptions, dashboards and alerts